Today, in the Art Metals 1 class, some of the students soldered the frames of their bookmark to the top pieces. Emily Sanders was one of the students. I asked her a few questions about what she is currently working on and when she hopes to finish the bookmark.
- Emily, what are you currently working on?
- I have just finished soldering my frame to the top of my bookmark and now I am preparing the bottom of the bookmark to be attached.
- And how are you doing that?
- I have cleaned it by pickling it and now I am filing the bottom piece so that it will fit with the top.
- What will the next step be?
- Next, I will solder the base of my bookmark to the top of the bookmark. I am about to do this right now.
- When do you expect to be finished?
- Hopefully, before school ends. We have 2 more classes.
Shortly after I talked to her, Emily completed the next step of the process by soldering the bottom of the bookmark to the top. I asked her questions about this as well.
- What have you just finished doing?
- I have just finished attaching the base of the bookmark to the top by soldering the two pieces together.
- Was this challenging?
- No, not really, it took me less than 5 minutes.
- Are you happy with the way it came out?
- Yes. It was easier than expected.
Emily’s Bookmark before attaching the base:
After attaching the base:
Emily Working on the bookmark:
Other students working on their bookmarks:
Now, Emily must simply finish the metal of her bookmark and she will be done! Check back soon for the last bookmark process post.